To collect, preserve and distribute genealogical information with an emphasis on the history, local color and personality of central Missourians.
- To provide improved public access to information from central Missouri counties which is currently inaccessible.
- To seek out information on central Missouri counties which is currently unavailable.
- To cooperate with existing central Missouri historical and genealogical societies in the compilation of information.
- To maintain and expand a library of research material sufficient to meet the needs of researchers.
- To educate membership in the use of technological advances pertaining
to genealogical research.
i. promote genealogical workshops, seminars and forums;
ii. provide up-to-date equipment for the extraction of information.
- To improve the out-reach services to members; i.e., queries, information, assistance.
We welcome anyone with an interest in their family histories to become a member of GSCM.
Unless otherwise indicated, meetings are regularly held at the Walters-Boone County Historical Society Museum (directions) on the first Tuesday of the month. They generally start at 7:00 and include a presentation or discussion that lasts until around 9:00.